[hobby] Warhammer 40k - Custom Monolith counts-as conversion, release the Kraken!


Plans, plans, plans...

Back in 2016 I posted some sketches that I had created around 2014 when I made the decision to purchase and start assembling a new Necron army. I had done and sold another fully converted Neron army back in 2008-2009.

Well the monolith was always meant to be the centerpiece of the army (mind you this was before we had Tesseract vaults) but the fact is, the Monolith has been a sub-par unit for the longest time.

The most recent Balance Dataslate that made a ton of Necron units, including destroyers, able to interact with the Monolith again have finally pushed me to finish this old project.

Release the Kraken

There are some finishing touches I need to do, but this is looking too good not to share already!

Dahkma Canoptek Kraken (counts-as Monolith)









WiP Shots: Primed




WiP shots: Final Assembly

The main body is made up of a "toy snake-car" that I found at the thrift store with the monolith body attached to it and some parts from the Triarch Stalker and Wraith kits to make the canoptek unit controlling it.
 


WiP shots













Comments