[batrep] Warhammer 40k - BC League Season 1 - Battles Recap

 I had a great time playing the games of the first 40k BC League. It's a great way to get consistent games week over week.

Round 1 - Space Wolves

I did an individual report of this game here. We were graciously hosted on the PlayOn studio where I faced off against space wolves, whose savage melee combat toppled the defensive formation of my necrons. 


Round 2 - Tyranids

My opponent hosted this great battle against the devourer hordes.

We both setup in a position to jump towards the middle objectives.

The Dimachaeron looms over the battlefield


With the ability to charge, fight and disengage to get to another target, the Dimachaeron reigned supreme

Swarmlord was tasked with removing the durable Lychguard that refused to let go of the objective

Meanwhile the Locust Lord fought the Hive Tyrant, failing to reanimate after a vicious charge.

Tyranids won a solid victory.

 Round 3 - Necron mirror match

In this round I fought Dan from Miner Creations who presented me his great "Bookshelf Gothic Table", a full terrain set that stores in a small box, really check it out!

This mission put us on opposing sides of two central objectives

I was using the same legion as in previous games, as I had little time to really research and improve my strategy

Dan had a Nightbringer and tons of destroyers and infantry all over the place

His Destroyer cult formations were fearsome looking!

Wraiths and Destroyers took advantage of their pre-game move and just crossed over the terrain on the first turn 

After many losses we had a showdown of two Destroyer Lords

But Dan's Overlord on Catacomb Command barge had to finish off the Lokhust

The Nightbringer dispatched all of my Lychguard

Dan's Obsekh Dynasty took the victory

Round 4

We couldn't get our schedules to work and Round 4 was a draw between me and my opponent (who'd have played Custodes).

Round 5 - Tyranids

Time to fight Tyranids once more for the final round. After my game versus Dan I took inspiration from his army and changed my list to include lots of tough models and the Nightbringer.

Our battlefield was filled with tall ruins and obstructions that divided the table in two fire lanes

The enemy hides their big guns behind their terrain

The Nightbringer lies in waiting near the center of the table

I love Lictors infiltrating from the back!

The Hive Tyrant faces-off against Autharok (counts-as CCB)

The Canoptek Tentilla (counts-as Doomsday Ark) kept shooting its devastating death rays across the field, keeping the bugs hunkering down.

The Nightbringer finally gets to fight and kill a Hive Tyrant

In the end, the new list was much better and this was a much closer game, but the Tyranids still got ahead and secured a victory.

Closing Toughts

Playing on the 40k BC League was a great way to get consistent games post-pandemic and a great way to start getting back on competitive play. My Necrons are severely underhanded and I'm super rusty, but all games were extremely gratifying to play and I'm looking forward to play on the next one.






Comments