[hobby] Warhammer 40k - The day I bought a Space Wolf Army


I just acquired a space wolf army.

An old friend built this army and is retiring from 40k. He shares the same passion I have for making a uniquye force, everything from his army is customized: From the kitbashed Wulfen to the crazy large thunderwolf cavalry, every piece is a kitbash on its own. From what he tells me every non helmeted space wolf has a unique head, making each and every one of them a character in their own right.

There are a few WiP models in the army so you can expect to see some space wolf figures showing up on my progress from time to time now.


The bulk of the power-armor infantry. Every unit type is identified by the shoulder pad markings and/or unique backpacks.


The terminators are a joy to look at with every single one having several customized bits and some very cool custom-characters.


Nothing could've prepared me for what I would feel as I unpacked this thunderwolf cavalry... every model is unique and superbly done with custom bases (each base from an enemy faction) and the largest, meanest thunderwolves I've ever seen! I had no idea these came in such large sizes and they are a joy to behold on the table!


Some scouts and more power armor units and heroes. You can also glimpse the custom Wulfen in the background.


These stunning dreadnoughts use a mix of bits and parts from the whole space wolf range and beyond.


Although light on armoured support, the army still can hold its own with two rhino/razonback/whirlwinds and a mighty land rainder.


The knight titan supports the space wolf army as well as the cool-looking stormfang gunship.



I'm thrilled to have such a large force ready-made and in such short notice. My early self-bought christmas gift and I can't wait to put them on the table!

Comments