[hobby] Warhammer 40k - Increasing my necron warrior legions


In the early days of 2008, I embarked on an adventure. An adventure into the fascinating world of Necrons, brimming with dreams of leading a "silver tide" - that iconic swarm of max sized Necron Warrior units. But you know, life has a knack for throwing curveballs, and those dreams remained just dreams.

I wanted to wade through the battlegrounds with my mighty horde, but reality had other plans. Between the challenge of crafting an army of miniatures and the game meta nudging Necrons towards a more blitzkrieg-esque style with destroyers/wraiths, or a robust armored phalanx backed by Doomsday arks, the silver tide seemed a bit too far-fetched.

Even the mechanics of the game, especially the "reanimation protocols" for large units, felt underwhelming. So, what happened? My warriors, the would-be heroes of my silver tide, ended up in their original boxes, gathering dust. As I looked at them, I couldn't help but think about the Necron great sleep. It was ironic, really. 

But sometimes, it takes a little change for the sparks to fly again. And with the release of the 10th edition, those sparks finally ignited. Suddenly, my dormant warriors became functional, and the silver tide started to seem less like a dream and more like a possibility.

Fuelled with new-found enthusiasm, my wife and I joined forces to get the legion battle-ready. Together, we assembled and base-coated the horde. Then, one fine Saturday, I found myself adding the finishing touches to about 50 warriors, eager to join my existing squad of 20. 

And just like that, I was closer to the silver tide than ever before, ready to field as many as 70 warriors. And I can tell you, the anticipation is killing me! It might have taken a while, but the silver tide dream? It's finally coming alive, and I can hardly wait.



WIP pictures

 











Comments