[hobby] Warhammer 40k - Necron Shieldmaidens

I managed to put some paint on my counts-as Lychguard: Necron Shieldmaidens.

I actually struggled with the decision to make these as Necrons are androgynous by nature. However, they are really nice and, IMHO, not overtly sexualized (they are simply "bare breasted"). 

My take on this is that on my ranks of Immortals and warriors, male and female Necrontyr received no distinct bodies, just the standard one. Lychguard and above received a special cast of body. In my take Necrontyr society was (as most are) male centered and that lords and overlords would segregate their prized warrior-maidens into bodyguard cults. Hence their unique body with feminine shapes, a sliver of personality on an otherwise cast segregated society.


They are made with Lychguard bits and Wargame Exclusive Necrocyborg female warriors conversion set